8:54 PM

Neutrogena Wave Duo

Neutrogena Wave
Price: $15.99 {Target}
The Disney Princess has been re-invented by way of Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato & Vanessa Hudgens. So when Ms. Hudgens peddles the latest in Neutrogena's product line, it appeals to the princess in all of us. I mean who doesn't want Vanessa's skin, she is adorable. I know my daughters are crazy about her. So I decided to try out this new little gadget called the "Wave". It seems like a great idea, something that removes more dirt than just washing alone. I chose the Wave Duo, it gives me the option of two settings, one for "gentle daily massaging" and one for "deep pore cleansing". I really liked that it comes with everything you need to get started, i.e. battery & cleansing pads. There is nothing I hate more than, getting home with my newest gadget just to find out I need batteries, and of course, I am out of the size I need. So the first night I used it right before bed. I was disappointed right away, there was no foamy lather. I remembered the commercial perfectly, Vanessa had some foam action going on as she danced around smiling and giggling. So I looked at the box again, just to make sure I was doing it right, and there is definitely a foamy faced girl on it. The next thing I noticed was that my Wave was dripping all over my clothes. Note to self: you can not dance around the bathroom like Hudgens while washing your face with the Wave. The next thing I took note of is that while it was easy to navigate around my cheeks, chin, and forehead, it was not so easy to get my nose, and the little crevasses by my nostrils. Also the cleanser pads are really heavily scented, and it is not really a great smell. At the time I used it I had a blemish on my chin, and it burned the heck out of it. I went ahead and rinsed off the foamless cleanser, and felt my skin, it really didn't feel much different than it normally did when I washed with just cleanser. I chalked it up to a bad first impression, and decided I would try it again the next night.

Night 2: I tried running a little less water over the cleaning pad to see if I could get some foam going, and possibly less drips. No luck I pretty much had the same experience. By this time I am really disappointed, not only is my blemish burning again, but it actually seems to be getting worse. So again I rinse off the cleanser and follow it up with my usual moisturizer. When I go to rub it into the areas under my eyes and cheeks I suddenly get a flashback from the movie Home Alone when Macaulay Culkin puts aftershave on his face. I feel like screaming AHHHHHHHHHHH! My cheeks are incredibly raw, and the area under my eyes are peeling. Right now I'm thinking, thank god I have not kicked it up a notch and used the higher setting on this thing. It's official I have been the victim of buyers remorse. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Not only is my skin worse off, but I don't like that I can't use my regular perfume-free cleanser with this product, but am stuck with Neutrogena's highly perfumed, non-foamy, blemish irritating cleanser.

It has been two days since I used the little scourging demon, and my skin is still raw, irritated, and peeling.

0 comments: