8:30 PM

Beauty Blender Make-up Sponge



Beauty Blender Sponge/Cleaner
Price: $34.95 {shop.beautyblender.net}

This little sponge offers more in cuteness than in utility in my opinion. I first saw this adorable hot pink sponge at a beauty class. The instructor raved about them, and so I rushed to my local spa and purchased it. I was super excited to try it out with my new HD Foundation (to be covered in another post). The directions say to run under water to make the sponge slightly damp. When I watched a tutorial on application I was instructed to apply the foundation to the backside of my hand to warm it up a bit. So after dipping my sponge in foundation, I press the sponge on my face and then move it in an upward motion. This is better than just rubbing your face with the sponge as it gives a more even application. At first I really loved the feel of the sponge. It has a great innovative design. The tip makes it really easy to get in and around the eye area. But then I noticed that my nose had splotches, and slight swirl marks. The area around my cheeks and chin seemed even, but again on closer inspection I noticed uneven application on my forehead. So I thought well maybe it is the foundation, so on Day 2 I applied the foundation with my fingers. No swirl marks, no uneven application on my nose or forehead. My foundation looked great like my skin, but better! So in summary, the pros to this product are: The cute shape, design, and color. It comes with its own darling little pedestal to dry on. The cleanser top has a great dispenser that makes it really easy to clean. The cons: uneven application of foundation, which is the whole purpose of the product. My fingers worked much better at even and adequate coverage. Would I recommend this product...no save your money and go buy a package of sponges for $5.00 at the drugstore if you have to have sponges, otherwise just use your fingers.

0 comments: